Thursday, September 29, 2011

Abduction- aka: The Taylor Lautner fan club meeting will now come to order...

Dear Readers,

                  Ever eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich? Of course you have.  You know exactly what it tastes like, you know what to expect.  There are no surprises.  Abduction, an action/suspense film does exactly we all expect it to do.  No big surprises.   Basically, it's a vehicle for Twilight teen heart throb Taylor Lautner.  He smiles and pouts and karate kicks his way into our hearts.  Hell, if I were 14 I'd probably be taping his pictures on my bedroom wall right about now... but I digress...
                
                 With an impressive supporting cast that includes Alfred Molina, Sigorney Weaver, and Dermot Mulroney, Abduction had the potential to be a much better film.  Sadly, these great actors had very little screen time.  That camera stayed focused on Taylor Lautner for dear life! How else will the movie studios cash in on all the "Twilight" fans?  

                 Despite the predictability and flaws- I actually did enjoy this film for one reason- the audience.  There were a group of young teenage girls sitting right behind us, not to mention all the moms and teens scattered throughout the theatre.  These girls were all there for one thing- Taylor Lautner.  The fact that a movie with a plot and dialogue was secondary. Normally, I'm the first person to whip my head in the direction of a chatty offender and shoot them my polite but stern "please be quite" look.  In this case, I just looked at my movie companion and rolled my eyes.  He, in turn, leaned into me and whispered "They're just little girls."  We both chuckled.   Ah, to be young again! When the mere sight of a handsome young actor or musician would be enough to send you swooning.  I found it all so entertaining.  During one scene, Lautner removes his shirt- suddenly there is collective gasp in the theater- all these girls had to catch their breath at the same time!   One young lady exclaimed in an excited whisper "Oh my GOD! I hope he keeps his shirt off!"   During another scene, Lautner was kissing his costar Lilly Collins.  It grew from an innocent kiss to a heated make out session.  One mom exclaimed "They better keep it PG!"  Hilarious. Poor mom, trying to keep these girls from viewing sexually charged images.
Too late mom. 

       That said, if you must see this film, do it in the presence of teenage girls.  You'll definitely be entertained.  



                      
 

No comments:

Post a Comment